Friday, September 21, 2012

Salsa Time


So I made three kinds of salsa with all my garden goodies; zesty, fiesta, and jalapeno salsa.


My favorite so far is Jalapeno Salsa.  It's a recipe I found in Ball's Blue Book Guide to Preserving.  

makes about 3 pints


3 cups chopped, seeded, peeled, cored tomatoes
3 cups chopped, jalapeno peppers
1 cup chopped onion
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
2 teaspoons oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 cup cider vinegar




Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot.  Bring mixture to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.  Ladle hot salsa into hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.  Adjust two-piece caps.  Process 15 minutes in a boiling water canner.

Do you have any good salsa recipes?  I love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment